Welcome to the GENOA Ambassadorship Program!
Over the past few months, GENOA, the network support organisation (NSO) have realised the importance of participation and engagement in the GENOA network, to share stories, build relationships, start initiatives and in general to spread hope and inspiration. Together with GEN, GENOA will be inviting people in the network who are active and engaged to become GENOA ambassadors.
Who are we as GENOA?
The Global Ecovillage Network Oceania & Asia (GENOA) is a network of people, ecovillages, organisations, networks and local government bodies in Oceania and Asia. GENOA promotes ecovillage lifestyles and spaces where people live and work together in a sustainable way, with dignity and integrity, in harmony with each other and with nature.
GENOA aims to co-create a network in the region of regenerative and restorative culture through connecting, sharing, promoting and supporting existing and aspiring ecovillage communities, projects and individuals; and the organizations, networks and local government bodies that support them .
What does it mean to be a GENOA Ambassador?
A GENOA Ambassador is someone who recognizes that their work is aligned with the spirit of ecovillage in Oceania and Asia. Ambassadors support and interact with the network, and can officially represent GENOA in dialogue with other organizations, ecovillages, projects and other networks, and through their existing activities.
Anyone whose work is infused with a consciousness and integration of the multiple dimensions of ecovillage are welcomed as GENOA Ambassadors: educators, people who work with and live in traditional villages, entrepreneurs, medical practitioners, farmers, community organizers, and more.
Why become a GENOA Ambassador?
- Be an active agent of the ecovillage movement in the region
- Receive official blessing and support from GENOA to represent the ecovillage movement in local, national and regional events and projects
- Access to latest GEN & GENOA core documents and promotional materials
- Updates about GEN national and regional activities, through mailing lists and newsletters
- Potential support to participate in GEN and GENOA’s events, conferences or trainings
How do I become a GENOA Ambassador?
Any GEN Ambassador who lives in Asia and Oceania is automatically invited to become a GENOA Ambassador. GEN Ambassadors have some extended involvement and experience with Global Ecovillage Network activities and intentional communities, and represent Global Ecovillage Network International. Please see the GEN Ambassador Guidelines for more information on the program.
Upon becoming a GENOA Ambassador, you are expected to fulfill these points:
- Read about and familiarize yourself with GENOA’s identity and activities, and GENOA and GEN’s mandalas of the dimensions of ecovillage.
- Have a conversation with an existing ambassador, over voice or in person, to learn more about the context of GENOA and share more about yourself and your intent in joining our virtual community
- We expect GENOA Ambassadors to live in Asia or Oceania for at least part of each year.
What can I do as a GENOA Ambassador?
Ambassadors receive an official blessing, support, and encouragement from the GENOA community to:
- Speak officially on behalf of GENOA to organizations and governments
- Host events under the name of GENOA
- Use the GENOA name and logo to identify GENOA as a partner for events with other organizations
- Create partnerships between GENOA and other organizations, following GENOA’s guidelines
- Share information about GENOA to those interested in collaborating and learning more
Engage people in the GENOA network
- Invite communities and projects to create profiles on the GEN database
- Invite people who are interested in engaging with GENOA to fill in an interest form (to volunteer)
- Invite people to join the GENOA Broadcast email list and Facebook group to stay updated with, and contribute to, news, events and stories from the region.
- Support the networking and communication work of GENOA by sharing about projects and events, connecting like-minded people to GENOA
- Support GENOA’s team in reviewing and updating the network database of eco-villages, eco-communities, eco-projects and eco-organizations in the region
- Invite young people who are passionate about ecovillage lifestyle to join NextGENOA – the youth group of GENOA
Inspire others through sharing stories
- Write inspiring stories and invite others to share stories of their work to the GENOA newsletter and facebook group.
- Write a brief summary of your activities as an ambassador and share it with the ambassadors community, once per year.
- Attend the bi-annual GENOA Ambassador webinar/meet-ups.
Apply for financial support for your GENOA-related activities
- Forming partnership with GENOA to apply for grants to help fund ecovillage-related projects, activities, convergences and other events
- Receive priority for GENOA Equity Scholarships for courses and events
Be part of a virtual regional community of changemakers
- Engage with amazing people doing pioneering work in many fields across the region, with the spirit of ecovillage
- Opportunity to advise GENOA on key decisions, as desired
Questions and feedback